Go Software Engineer
- Job Type:
- £ 65000 - £ 80000 per annum
FinTech Start Up – Tech for Good
Remote First (UK hours)
TECH STACK: Go / TypeScript / React (Prior commercial Go experience is NOT essential)
• £5 trillion is illegally laundered by criminal organisations each year.
• Globally we catch less than 1% of this.
• This money ensures 40 million people globally are victims of modern-day slavery. Whether it’s forced labour, domestic servitude or people trafficking.
This growing start up is building software to primarily help fintech’s & banks identify their financial crime risks, and ensure they have effective controls in place to stop crime.
Your purpose for this role is building and deploying services and software to support their product and to contribute to technical decisions and be able to communicate why they matter to technical and non- technical stakeholders. They’re pre-product and the role will develop significantly over the coming months. If you like moving quickly, learning new things, and are comfortable with ambiguity, this role might be for you!
• Designing and implementing APIs to power our web application
• Working with frontend and data engineers to integrate systems
• Influencing technical decisions
• Helping improve and build our software development processes
• Owning your own work, and taking responsibility for improvements and updates
• Experience with Go or TypeScript or Java
• You should have a good understanding of software development principles, ideally with experience in a type-safe programming language
• You should be comfortable working in a team and communicating clearly, both verbally and in writing
• You should have worked on a production system deployed to a cloud-based environment
• You should be comfortable working with third party data and building internal data models
• Know your way around Git and ideally Github
• Basic networking and systems skills. You understand how HTTP works and know your way around Linux
• Opportunity to trade salary for more share options. The package includes a generous level of share options
• Fully Remote working