- Salary Market Leading + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
We're working with a financial trading company that is leading the way in technology advancements and innovation. They specialise in the electronic market making space, spanning Equities, FX, Fixed Income and the Commodity markets, utilising most of the HFT trading venues and exchanges, executing millions of trades each day.
The organisation is driven by the work of the Quant Research team – they develop and calibrate the algorithmic models against multi peta-byte datasets.
To support this, a new team has been created which will provide a high-performance software infrastructure which will enable the work that is being carried out by the quant researchers.
This team is tasked with creating highly robust and scalable code that underpins the performance and reliability, allowing for code of only the highest quality through the systems which will be used to create the following:
- Task Scheduling and Distribution engine
- Mechanisms for error handling alongside automated recovery
- Observability systems for trend and event monitoring
It's a newly created team, so the right candidates will get the opportunity to build on something from the beginning, writing software within an environment that has a huge capacity of both memory and storage (Petabytes). Improvements can be made with great agility, and the results are easily visible, and will have a huge impact on the business.
- Ability and experience writing user facing code in Python and MATLAB – the languages which are utilised by the Research team. Competency in C++ is also highly advantageous.
- Experience working with business-critical systems and/or HFT platforms as well as an understanding of the operational, maintenance, monitoring and support aspects.
- Working within a highly agile environment, implementing software workflows and testing and deployment methodologies.
- Experience with large scale batch processing systems and it would be advantageous to have some experience in architecting complex systems.
We will arrange a time to speak about this project in more detail and then we’ll arrange for you to meet the team (remotely).