- Job Type:
- £ 50000 - £ 60000 per annum
TypeScript, React.js, Node.js
We're looking for Full stack Engineer to join a growing flight-free slow travel start up who are focused on using technology to build dynamic holiday packages - travel and accommodation away from the traditional tourist trails by using trains, bikes, buses and ferries.
Founded in 2020 they have already developed the world's first slow travel engine that improves climate change & promotes sustainable travel! Their customers are those who enjoy the scenic route, taking the off-beaten paths with an emphasis on discovery, adventure and taking care of the environment through climate change!
They're looking to hire a Full stack Engineer to join their remote team as one of the founding members of their engineering team, to work closely with the CTO and Technical Lead.
It's an opportunity to be a founding member of a growing & well-funded start-up, with ownership and responsibility from day one, having an immediate impact on the company growth and its customers for day one!
You’ll be responsible for;
Developing and extending the front end and user experience for our flight-free holidays, as well as our mobile-first holiday companion experience
Developing back-end applications to interface with our dynamic packaging technology
Creating internal tools and APIs to support our teams
Working with our growth team to develop and A/B test different iterations of the UI/UX
Participating in the product development process from start to finish, scoping projects, measuring their success, and iterating based on user feedback
- Significant experience writing high quality asynchronous code in node.js and experience using Tailwind and React (or similar frameworks)
- Great front-end skills including mobile-first development with an ability to convert designed visuals to high performance, responsive components
- Experience calling JSON/REST APIs and working with authentication/authorisation systems
- Experience collaborating with backend teams to surface new features and functionality
- A love for systems and an ability to think through and plan for their life cycles, edge cases, interactions, and failure modes
- An ability to balance speed of iteration and quality of code: we need to build fast without compromising on reliability and usability
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to convert business requirements to code and explain complex concepts to the business
- £50-60k (depending on experience), stock options and 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- High specification laptop & tools, second screen, docking station and accessories
- Remote (work from anywhere) and flexible working with ~2 days/month in London
- Exposure to all parts of the business and countless opportunities for growth and development
- The opportunity to be part of our founding team
- Support and coaching from experienced leaders including the technical lead for Great Rail Journeys and Inn travel, and the founding CTO of Viator
Apply now via the form below!